Hunting Pouch by Darrell Lang

The bag that I am currently using just wasn't deep enough, so using the same bag pattern I made it a little deeper and half inch wider, (7x8) and changed the style of the flap. I also played around with the strap. I had some left over piece of strapping left from other project, so I ended up with it being 1 1/4" wide and tapering it down to fit a one inch iron buckle. I then spliced in a one inch wide tongue to fit the buckle. It worked out well and I like the look. It's just a simple leather bag 3/4 oz. veg tanned leather, welted seam and hand sewn with waxed linen thread. The flap is made up of two pieces of leather 4 oz. backed with 2 oz. so not to be to thick, the edge is hand stitched then burnished to give it a nice finished look. A small amount of tooling added along with a button closer.




Copy and photos supplied by Darrell Lang.